We can tap into the power of God through prayer and also offer them towards others. “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working,” (James 5:16).
I don’t think anyone should spend the day getting on every prayer list known to man, but why not multiply and fortify our prayers?
Sign up for Masses
Many religious orders, especially missionaries, offer enrollments for people to benefit spiritually through good works, prayers, and Masses. If you do a search on the Internet with the words “Catholic Mass Enrollments,” many religious organizations will come up for you to choose from.
One of my favorites is the This is the order which the recently beatified Father Solanus Casey belonged. He enrolled those who came to him for prayers in Masses.
Ask Contemplative Nuns
Cloistered nuns dedicate their lives praying for people. “We would like to pray for you,” it said on one website. While working on this article, I sent in a prayer request to one order and received this beautiful response: “Your intentions are being prayed for every hour of the day and night in our Adoration Chapel. Know of God’s love, peace, strength, and tender care for all that is needed at this time. We are praying!”
Many orders have updated technology, and communicate with email, but their preferred communication is through the mail. Consider writing an old-fashioned letter.
You could also pray for them in return—we all need it— and although it’s not required, consider sending in a donation to help support them. Below are a few orders of cloistered nuns with prayer ministries that I found through the .
For even more communities, check out the list compiled by
Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus
3. (Nashville, TN) are dedicated to sanctity of life and education. Go here with your .
4. Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles, Alhambra, CA Request prayers .
5. in Summit, New Jersey
6. in Lancaster, PA
7. Discalced Carmelite Nuns, , Salt Lake City, Utah
8. (Ann Arbor, Michigan), dedicated to Education, Prayer, Retreats, Evangelization. Go with prayer requests.
9. Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, Lacrosse, WI, Request prayers .
10. have both active and contemplative. Go and follow the link for prayer requests.
12. are a community of vowed Franciscan women centered in Eucharist, committed to be loving presence through prayer, witness and service.
Join a Prayer Group
Jesus told us, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them,” (Matthew 18:20). By joining with others, we multiply our prayers and Jesus is in our midst.
Consider joining a prayer group in your parish or one nearby or start your own pray group. The two groups below are international groups that branches in many dioceses across the country.
1. The World Apostolate of Fatima has groups across the country that they call , where people can join together with their families to pray the rosary. Our family actually belonged to one for around ten years.
2. has prayer groups across the country dedicated to the sanctity of life. They pray two rosaries (ten mysteries) offering the rosaries up with fasting. They have a for group locations.
There are also online groups you can become a part of.
1. The Society of is an international prayer group of Catholic men and women, comprised of members of the clergy, religious, and the laity. They pray daily that Our Lady will heal the hearts of the world, filling them with unceasing love and abundant forgiveness in order to fully experience Our Lord's Divine Mercy.
2. The Releasers “PRAY THEM OUT!” All of these souls will become our eternal friends who once RELEASED from these fires shall not forget the ones who “Prayed them out”
True Letter of Jesus Christ Members of the True Letter of Jesus Christ pray a simple set of prayers every day and keep a copy of this letter in their wallet or purse to obtain the promises contained in the Letter especially: I will descend from Heaven to take your soul and that of your relatives, until the fourth generation.-Jesus
The Stationers The Stationers agree to pray a short prayer as well as the Stations of the Cross at least once a week.
Sons and Daughters of Saint Joseph The Sons and Daughters of Saint Joseph are men and women who seek to deepen their devotion to Saint Joseph through a few simple prayers to him every day. “I recite the requested prayers every day and feel his special protection,” -St.Faustina
The Army of the Face of Jesus Their mission is to convert the whole world to the Love of Jesus through the Powerful Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus. The short prayers take 3 minutes a day and the promises are not to be missed.
7. Divine Mercy for the Dying They pray for the conversion of the whole world, especially those who are Dying. Members pray the Chaplet every day for them and each other.
“Oh, dying souls are in such great need of prayer”! St.Faustina.
“Oh, dying souls are in such great need of prayer”! St.Faustina.
Friends of the Angels The mission is to spread devotion to the Holy Angels especially our own Guardian Angel and prays a short set of prayers during the morning to honor our Guardian Angel and a small prayer whenever you are called throughout the day to honor all the Holy Angels present around you. "Take courage and pray; your guardian angel will also pray for you, and your prayers will be answered."- Saint John Bosco
Best Friends of the Holy Spirit “Those who love the Holy Spirit experience every kind of happiness within themselves. The Holy Spirit leads us like a mother leads her little child, or like a person with sight leads a blind man," -St. John Vianney. The mission is to truly become the Best Friend of the Holy Spirit and to help other's to be as well.
Saint Michael's Warriors Become one of Saint Michael’s Warriors where they pray powerful prayers to call down the protection of Saint Michael daily.
11. The Four Men Prayer Group Based on the Gospel of Mark’s story of Four Men who brought their paralyzed friend to Jesus for healing and obtained their friends’ healing and the even greater miracle of the forgiveness of his sins. Members seek (through a daily 5-minute prayer and sacrifices) to continue this by bringing souls to Jesus through prayer and sacrifice. http://www.thefourmen.info/
12. The Adoption Movement: Saving Souls Its mission is to help save souls for the glory of God. The Apostle James said through the Holy Spirit, “Whoever brings back a sinner will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins,” James 5:20.
13. The House of Divino Nino You will find the history of the devotion to Divino Nino, a powerful prayer to Divino Nino, and testimonials of His wonderful miracles. Also, you can send us your prayer requests. http://www.thehouseofdivinonino.com/
14. The End of Abortion Movement: The Rosary is the Key The goal is to get as many people as possible to add “the end of abortion, contraception, and euthanasia to their daily intentions when they pray the Holy Rosary. You pray five decades of the Rosary per day and if you already pray it, just add the intention "for the end of abortion, Contraception, and euthanasia.
15. Eucharistic Adoration 2 End Abortion If people spent an hour a week in Eucharistic adoration, abortion would be ended, -St. Mother Teresa. Members spend an hour a week before the Blessed Sacrament or the Tabernacle to end abortion.
Pray for America You pray one simple prayer a day and all the members will pray for your intentions as well so that is Powerful!
Decade a Day Disciples The mission is to have the whole world pray a Decade a Day for each other's intentions and that we also all become Children of Mary. Currently there are thousands of members praying for each other.
The Dolorians Want Peace in your family? We pray a set of short prayers that takes 2 minutes. There are many promises plus each member prays for each other so that union of prayer also obtains even more graces.