Fr. Donald Calloway, M.I.C., of the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception, vocation direction and house superior of the Marian House of Studies in Steubenville, Ohio.
· On all my Christmas cards I write: “Mary Christmas!”
· I pray a Hail Mary for the souls in purgatory every time I pass a cemetery.
· Whenever I pass a Catholic Church, I pray a Glory Be and bow my head.
· Whenever I see a Masonic or LGBTQ+ sticker on a car, I pray a Memorare for the driver.
· Whenever I see an ambulance on the street, I pray a Hail Mary for the situation.
· I often give my upgrades on flights to complete strangers, especially the elderly and women.
· I give away rosaries and books on the Rosary.
· Whenever someone in public uses the name of Jesus in vain, I add to it, “ ___is Lord, or ___be praised.
· Go here for a listing of his many books and future pilgrimages.
Fr. Mitch Pacwa, S.J., president and founder of Ignatius
· I use some hymns as my ringtone in my cell phone. Right now, I am using the hymn “Al Messiah Qama min bayn al-amwat” (Christ has risen from the dead; a Melkite Easter hymn), and during Lent I used “el Yom Ollika” (The day Christ hung), with Fairuz singing both. These are two of my favorite hymns, and they get me singing them after a phone call.
· I downloaded the Bible in Hebrew and Greek into my phone, so I can always look up a passage when I need it.
· In my computer I have a great Bible program—Bible Works, though I also have the Logos program, which helps me in my work here at EWTN as well as in my writing.
· In confession, I frequently recommend that people addicted to pornography use an image of the Blessed Virgin Mary as a screen background or use a series of them for screensavers. Not many people want their Mother to catch them looking at porn on the Internet,
To order a copy of the book, go here.
God bless you and Mary Christmas!